The Campaign For Capital
Giving Tuesday at #DestinationCapital
Tuesday, December 3rd Capital Community College (CCC) Foundation joins with nonprofits, higher education institutions and community organizations in an international day of giving at the height of the holiday shopping season.
Capital’s goal for Giving Tuesday 2019 is $5,000 — an amount that will support a full time student’s tuition, fees and other educational expenses for one year in an associate degree program.
Gifts — no matter the amount – support Capital’s mission of educational access and academic success for students who face financial and personal challenges in getting to and graduating from college without debt.
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday began in 2012 at the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation as a response to commercialization and consumerism on the day that follows “black” Friday and “cyber” Monday. It’s a day to encourage generosity, volunteerism and acts of kindness locally and globally and it has grown to generate more than $1 billion for good causes.
Six Ways of Giving Back On Giving Tuesday and throughout the year
- Donate at the secure GIVING PAGE or make your pledge or gift by downloading a Giving Tuesday gift reply form.
- Encourage your colleagues, friends and family to join you in making a gift
- Make your donation quarterly for impact throughout the year.
- Designate your gift in honor or in memory of an individual who made a difference in your life.
- Share your support for the college and its programs on social media. Hashtag #Destination Capital. #Giving Tuesday
- Share your story if you attended or graduated from CCC (including Greater Hartford Community College and Hartford State Technical College) at https://capcommcollege.org/alumni-feedback-share-your-story/. Alumni experiences and success inspire today’s students to excel.
Where Does My Gift Go?
100% of gifts go where donors want. You may designate your gift to an existing Foundation scholarship or endowment fund or a program at Capital. Capital relies on contributions to the Annual Fund to provide a critical margin necessary for new scholarships, tutoring, advising and resources for teaching and learning.
To ensure more students succeed in 2020, CCC is seeking to do more to address obstacles that get in the way of graduation:
· An Equity Diversity and Inclusion Center with new support services to address childcare, food security, health, immigration and housing issues.
· The Leadership, Excellence, Achievement and Development (LEAD) Center where students find financial education and counseling, paid internships and workplace training for that first job, then a better job and a career in their chosen field.
· Support for the Foundation Scholarship Program over and above federal and institutional aid that enable students to earn their associate degrees without interruption or debt. Seven of 10 Capital students qualify for financial aid.
That’s why your generosity is so important.
Gifts from the community are the margin of difference in creating access and giving Capital the support it needs to continue as a stepping stone to higher education and career opportunity.
Contributions to the CCC Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. For more information on gift opportunities, the downtown campus and college programs contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 860-906-5102. Email: email@example.com