Inductees for Capital Community College’s Alumni Wall of Fame will be recognized at a virtual Changing Lives Gala on Friday October 23, 2020, continuing an annual event that has supported scholarships and programs since 2004.
The “No-Go” Gala for Hartford’s Community College, honoring a 2020 Alumni Wall of Fame class, will focus on the College’s nationally accredited programs of study for health care heroes that educate nurses, paramedics, first responders and radiologic technologists. Proceeds will benefit Nursing and Health Careers and Public Safety Divisions and the scholarship program.
An in-person Gala originally scheduled for the Gershon Fox Ballroom at the former G. Fox & Company building has been cancelled because of the pandemic, according to John McNamara, staff liaison to the College Foundation and Advancement Director.
“The public health crisis, however, only magnifies the need to support resources for student success and to provide financial assistance for students facing hardships during the pandemic,” he said. “That’s why the streaming No-Go Gala will continue the tradition of “Changing Lives” as the College Foundation invites the community to support Capital’s mission of access and career opportunity.”
The “No-Go” Gala for Hartford’s Community College will be streamed on social media and online with five ways to participate:
- Purchase a Changing Lives Ticket At the Supporter, Friend or Alumni donation level
- Become a sponsor for recognition in college and foundation media and publications.
- Learn about the College’s professional programs for Health Care Heroes that educate nurses, paramedics, radiologic technologists and medical assistants.
- Bid at the online Best of Capital silent auction October 19 through October 23, 2020
- Watch the 2020 Class of Alumni Wall of Fame inductees share their stories.
The 2019 Gala raised funds for scholarships and the newly-established Center for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion when five distinguished alumni were recognized with the launch of the Wall of Fame located in the College’s Welcome Center atrium.