Four Information Sessions To Be Held In March; Classes Begin June 1st
Capital Community College, in partnership with Eversource Energy and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Locals 420 and 457, is holding a series of information sessions in March for a Lineworker Certificate Program to begin in June.
The 11-week certificate program prepares students for employment in one of the electric industry’s essential occupations. Line workers maintain and service the electric infrastructure, meeting the energy demands of homeowners, businesses and municipalities across Connecticut.
Students will develop the fundamental skills required to effectively install and maintain the Electric Distribution system, Starting Jun 1st, the program will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. and on six Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. through August 11th. Fire Retardant (FR) clothing and boots are required. Successful completion requires attending classes online and in person and students will earn a Lineworker Certificate with First Aid/CPR training, occupational and safety training ((OSHA10) and CDL permit test preparation.
- Live Virtual Information Sessions
To learn more about the program, join Eversource and Capital Community College for a live information session. Please register here: https://bit.ly/3kAZWFH
Information Session Dates
- Tuesday, March 9, 1pm
- Thursday, March 11, 5pm
- Thursday, March 18, 5pm
- Thursday, March 25, 5pm
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma/GED (a college transcript can be used in lieu of the diploma).
- Driver’s license or the ability to obtain one. Students will be expected to get a CDL license if hired into a Line Helper position with Eversource- https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Licenses/Licenses/Commercial-Drivers/CDL—Main-Menu
- Ability to work at heights in nearly all-weather conditions.
- Must pass the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) assessment, background check and drug screen.
- Students must have a computer/laptop and access to the Internet as many classes will be held virtually due to COVID.
Eversource’s Lineworker Certificate Program is a selective admissions program with 15 spots open. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on a rolling acceptance basis.